About Our Philanthropy:
How Does your Garden Grow? Ours will grow up and up and up!
We are planning to purchase the Tower Garden System from Juice Plus to support and educate our Special Needs program at Humble High School about Urban gardening and how to provide sustainable healthy produce and develop self-reliance and basic skills to our students. The Tower Garden® Growing System – comes with everything you need to start growing vegetables, herbs, and fruits at home—including our specially formulated Tower Garden Mineral Blend plant food and gourmet seeds. This aeroponic 5-feet-tall vertical garden allows you to grow up to 20 plants in less time than it takes in soil. And it can be placed almost anywhere outside or inside, in any relatively sunny place or using grow lights —needing only about a 2.5 feet x 2.5 feet area.
The aeroponic gardening system includes:
- Tower Garden vertical aeroponic garden
- Seeds for growing gourmet lettuce, cherry tomatoes, beefsteak tomatoes, basil, and cucumber (see list of other things you can grow)
- Seed starter enviro-dome
- 20 rock wool seed starter cubes and net pots
- Pump, timer and drain tube
- Tower Garden Mineral Blend plant food
- pH test kit and 1 bottle each of pH+ and pH-
- Measuring cup
Tower Garden benefits:
- Soil-free system means there is no weeding, tilling, kneeling, or getting dirty
- No gardening experience is necessary
- Fits easily on patios, decks, porches, balconies, terraces, or rooftop gardens
- Grows many fruits and almost any vegetable, herb, or flower
- Purchase an extension kit and grow up to 28 plants in one Tower
- Uses as little as 10% of land area and water associated with traditional gardening
- Produces crops in less time than it takes to grow them in soil
- Made from USDA-approved, UV-stabilized, food-grade plastic • Save money versus store-bought produce
- Help is just a call or click away
We hope to use this to jump start our Urban Growing class designed specifically for Special Needs Students. Once the system is in place we will be teaching our students how to plant and grow their own produce over time. Then how to harvest and use what they grew! In the 2016-2017 school year, we will be conducting classes on growing and harvesting their produce as well as how to cook and even market and sale what they grow.
The Tower Garden is a Healthier, Easier, and Smarter way to garden today and especially for those living in Urban areas. And it is an ideal way to teach farming and gardening in the classroom!
The Tower Garden you help support today with your donation is the beginning of an exciting educational experience for our students and a way to provide healthy and delicious snacks! Please support our campaign with a donation today and watch how our Garden will grow!